Monday, February 1, 2021

31 weeks and birth supplies are here!


ACCURATE.



Our birth supplies came in the mail this weekend!!
One more thing checked off the list!  Can't wait for that herbal after bath with my babe!!  That was definitely a highlight after Izabella's birth.  That and being tucked into bed with Adam and Izabella while the midwives did our laundry and washed the dishes.πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“

This will be the certificate we fill out!  There will be a name on it! LOL  As of right now, we are on E names to keep it a vowel name (Easton, Emerson, Elliott are a few front runners right now but A. the name has to fit the baby once we see him/her, and B. Adam and I have to agree on it, so who knows!?!?!  Only time will tell LOLOL)


We finished our birth classes and the closer we get, the more emotional I feel.  That part makes me think I am having a girl.  I feel like I have been pretty emotional this pregnancy but I am also so extremely grateful and I have a totally different perspective, having my other "babies" be 8 and 10 years old.  It goes fast and I am looking forward to this time around being confident in my choices.  I don't think I will do things much differently than I did with Anderson and Izabella (I think they turned out to be extremely well adjusted and are thriving in every area) but I will do so with a lot less guilt or worry this time.    This baby will likely never be put down and I am 100% okay with that.  This baby will have the fewest "things" and the least space, but there are FOUR people anxiously awaiting his/her arrival!!   We have already planned out reading to the baby, rocking him, and feeding him.  (The answer is Izabella is going to do all of the above, if she had her wayπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚)

I am also REALLY looking forward to the birth!  I am so thankful for the experience I got with Izabella to know how truly joyful and empowering childbirth can be.  I look back on that and consider it one of the best experiences of my life.  Even though the midwife who assisted Izabella's birth moved out of state, I am extremely thankful for the support team I have found this time around (One of the most important things is that the mother feels safe, secure, and supported during labor), and I get excited thinking about that day, whenever it may be that this baby chooses to be born!  

This baby is also feeling extremely LONG like Izabella was (22 1/4 inches!)  A lot of times, is it hard for me to lean forward!  Adam and the kids have rescued me several times if I drop something.  I didn't know it was that obvious??! HAHA

Who will you look like?  Maybe ME this time? (please!)

Newborn Izabella

Newborn Anderson


I have a shower at work this week, and I have a shower this weekend with friends and family!  So so grateful to have so many people loving on us and this precious baby alreadyπŸ’“



Love this πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All because two people fell in love...