Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - 33 weeks!


It was the best and most perfect day!  The decorations were beautiful and the theme was "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star."  I was also so excited to wear my dress!  We had maternity pictures planned for the following day but the weather has basically been frigid ever since the day of the shower!  Shooting for this coming weekend :)



My thoughtful hostesses:  Julie, Gigi, Ashley

Yogurt bar was sooo good!

Hot chocolate bombs for the guests!

Aunt NeNe came to help decorate

Guests left me their easiest, quickest recipes!!


I've been friends with Julie since college.  (For the first several months I knew her, I thought she was Hispanic because she took Spanish classes๐Ÿ˜„)  I met Ashley through our Jamberry business and she loves my kids and baby like her own๐Ÿ˜  She left her 5 kids in Bentonville to come help throw the shower๐Ÿ’–





Coffee and Hot Chocolate bar to keep us warm






Gigi cracking up; I had to include this pic for the baby to look back on๐Ÿ’“





I cried 3 times during the shower๐Ÿ˜‚- when I walked in and saw the decorations and Julie, saying bye to Jesi, and when I opened this gift and saw who it was from.  Some other dear friends I met through my Jamberry business; between all our business calls, trips, and videos, they have basically watched Anderson and Izabella grow up since the time they were 2 and 4, and even though we no longer work together, they are some of the best friends and they all live in different parts of the country.
Kelly, Lola-Margaret, Carrie, Lyz, Staci, Ashley, Libby- LOVE Y'ALL

Something funny about this particular gift is that it is kind of a splurge if you look at the price for a baby play gym.  But it is seriously the coolest one ever!  I love Montessori style toys (the occupational therapist in me) and non toxic products.  Here is a pic of it and here are the features:








I miss Jesi so much.  We went from seeing each other almost every day when we lived in Searcy to being separated an hour away from each other. ๐Ÿ’”


Katy Grace was like Anderson and Izabella's big sister/aunt/mother (Izabella says "boss,"๐Ÿ˜‚ so I am planning for her to come take care of this baby too :)






Maria came!  We met when we worked together at Baptist Hospital 15 years ago!  She was the first person I called when I found out I was pregnant (unexpectedly) with Izabella and she was at my house the night Izabella was born!  We both went separate ways from Baptist, plus we moved to Searcy, and now we work together AGAIN at Kidsource, and she is also building a house near us in Bryant!๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’“



Dena was our very first childbirth educator and my doula at Anderson and Izabella's birth.  Through her class we took before Anderson was born, Adam and I learned how to research benefits and risks of EVERYTHING, particularly related to labor and delivery and newborn "procedures."  She has never once "taught" or "told" us information.  She taught us how to research and form our own opinions about commonly accepted, mainstream medical practices.  She is one person I can say hands down changed my life and the trajectory of my babies' lives as well, and I am so thankful I met her!  She has become such a good friend to me!  Her husband is also our chiropractor  (He first adjusted me when I was pregnant with Anderson and in lots of sciatic pain at the end of my pregnancy- the only solution my OB at the time offered me was to "have the baby") and they have both watched our babies grow up๐Ÿ’•







 







1 comment:

  1. Aaah! I just can’t wait!!! You’re getting so close! So thankful to be able to throw this party for you and baby!

    ReplyDelete

All because two people fell in love...