Well, all my test results came back normal! No pre-eclampsia for me; although my blood pressure is still running higher than Dr. Sellers would like (140/90). I went in for another non stress test (something apparently he does twice a week once you're "overdue"), and everything looked great! I just wish my blood pressure would cooperate; everything is perfect besides that, and that's what is making Dr. Sellers nervous. He mentioned several times "what we were waiting for" or "what we had to gain by waiting," but I really feel that unless there is a clear medical reason, Baby Acklin should come out in his time, not our's. I asked him if there was anything that would help, medication, bedrest, etc. He said that bedrest would help, so I said that I would do that if it would help my blood pressure! So I ran (no, Adam drove me) back to work so I could let the scheduler know I'm out! I've tried to make sure to keep doing everything I normally do during the pregnancy, but maybe that's the one thing that's complicating things right now. I mean, I ran last week, and I taught gymnastics on Monday. So hopefully if I simmer down (which will be hard to do!), my blood pressure will too! Please join me in praying for contractions. I never thought it would come down to that, but the Lord has brought me to a place where we are BEGGING for labor to begin!!
Oh yeah, they also sent me to ultrasound to check the amniotic fluid (which was great!). We were excited because we thought we'd get to see Baby Acklin, but it turns out they are so big at 40 weeks, you can't see but one body part at a time and you can't really tell what it is! We did get to catch him sticking his tongue out and smacking his lips, which was funny. And get this: the ulstrasound said the baby weighed, are you ready for this? 9 pounds 12 ounces! hahahahaha! Considering I still don't even have a stretch mark, I'll believe that one when I see it!
Stay tuned!!
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



"What are we waiting for?"....uhhh, you're the doc w/ the degree, seems like you'd realize we're waiting for LABOR!!! hahaha Happy Days! Bedrest! :) Make the most of your meaningless television sentence. And not to frighten you, but I had nada, zero, zilch stretch marks with Raegen...my "little" nine pound bambino. ;)
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you ran last week...labor's going to be a breeze for you! Praying that your doc will be a little more supportive and not cause you undue stress...and for contrax to begin. I'm sooo excited for ya'll!!
Praying for you, baby A, & Adam! I hope he decides he's not scared soon! Enjoy the bedrest because after he's here that will be over for a while.
ReplyDelete~ Sarah Garner