No, this post is not to let you know Baby Acklin was born at 6:53 am and weighed 7 pounds 8 ounces...because he wasn't!! Here I am after church this morning:
(The first one Adam was making me do a cheer and say "Due Date!")
Last weekend was Adam's 50 mile bike race, Tour de Cure. Here are some pictures from it. He finished! And his time was 3:41. He was pretty sore afterward, and we're both really glad I didn't go into labor after that because he would have been toast!
Adam's mom, Leota, and his sister, Kelli, did it too!
FINISH!
Can you tell how he felt afterward? He did really good, especially for not training as much as he'd like to because we've been so busy!
While he was recovering the next day, I picked strawberries!!!!! Here are the fruits of my labor:
I picked for 2 1/2 hours straight! No labor after that though.
Dr. Sellers has predicted the baby will weigh in the high 7's or low 8's at delivery, so we'll see how close he is! The other day at our doctor's apppointment, he couldn't find the heartbeat. (Normally it would freak me out, but he moves around so much I knew it was fine.) He had to go and feel of my stomach and he determined he had been putting the doppler on his head and arm and that was why he couldn't hear the heartbeat! It's so weird to think that he's big enough now to have body parts in the way! So as soon as he put it on his back, there it was...WHOOOWHOOOWHOOO, just like a tornado.
By now you know our goal is to avoid as many medical interventions as possible and to allow this baby come into the world on his own terms. Well, yet another stumbling block was put in our way last Wednesday. (I think needlessly so). Okay, you see, I have been walking to all my OB appointments. When I say walking, I mean, I go outside, leave the BHRI building and walk up this HUGE hill to the Cornerstone Clinic. It is very steep, but I have been determined to keep doing it 1, for the exercise, and 2, it would take almost as much time to get in my car and drive there anyway, because it's not very far. So last Wednesday it was like 90 degrees, but I still walked up the hill. Normally, I go in and sit down a while and then they call me back. Well, they got me in right away and when the nurse took my blood pressure, it was 120/90. The 90 on the bottom concerned him, and even though I have NO other signs of pre-eclampsia (headaches, sharp pains, I'm still wearing my wedding ring for crying out loud!), he wants me to, ARE YOU READY FOR THIS?! pee in this jug all day Sunday and bring it in on Monday:
NOT happy. A seemingly needless medical test looking for a problem that isn't there. I mean, I have to keep in the REFRIGERATOR, as in next to my milk and eggs! Looking back, I wish I would have had them retake my blood pressure after I'd been there a while because it does NOT run high. (I check it all the time at work). So please pray they don't find a reason to do something like induction or anything. I was honestly hoping I would just go into labor before then and not have to do the stupid thing! Oh well.
On another note, for those of you who live in the Little Rock/North Little Rock area, be looking for me on billboards for Baptist Health Rehabilitation Institute around town! Some are electronic. I haven't seen them yet, but I believe it is a closer up view of this picture:
And finally. Some things that have kept me healthy and feeling good throughout my pregnancy. (Thought I should give them some credit!!)
Neti Pot I have used this every day or so during my pregnancy because of my severe allergy and sinus problems, and I have not had to take any medication at all because of this little pot!
MonaVie every single day; once again, never been sick once and felt great most of the time! Lots of antioxidants for Baby Acklin!
My dear friend, Maria (more commonly known as Cristina) King, for keeping me in shape and my workouts intense! If it weren't for her, I might have been inclined to slack off way more than I did! The favor WILL be repaid!
Okay, maybe the next post there will be a baby...or babies...or none at all! And that will be okay!
Love everyone




YAY! I finally get a shoutout!! Well- since you are so close, I'm counting you out of this weeks workouts... and I think I'm just gonne quit myself. SCREW IT!!! LOL
ReplyDeleteSeriously though- I hope everything goes as planned for this little boy. You'll have to ask Stephen (if he'll even talk to you) just how many times I've said this weekend.. "I wonder if Jennifer is in labor yet?" Hugs!
Hey Guys!! Great to see the update and get a feeling on how you're doing. Hang in there, you're doing great. Can't wait to see him!!! Oh, and I love the pic for the billboard. Is that a "Bioness" arm that you have on that gal? LOL. Gotta love OT!!!
ReplyDelete