The first/only picture I could get of us that night/morning!
Her scrunched up face! We said she looked like a bulldog :)
Adam just picked up like he did with Anderson and Izabella💖
Yes, we sent the kids to school after being up from 1-3 that morning! We needed rest and they were so excited to tell their classes about their baby sister! The first thing wanted to do when they got up is hold her!
Then the fun began calling parents/grandparents! We didn't tell them the gender of the baby on the phone- just told them to come meet their newest grandchild!!
Mammaw and Pappaw Pat and Kenny
Nana's reaction!
with Pa
Gotta finish that puzzle he worked on while I was having off and on labor LOL
Gigi -Janet
Every. morning.
Every day before school that first week, I think we took pictures of them together :D
Anderson said he told his friends all he could think about all day long was getting back home to hold his baby sister!!!!

She dropped to 9 lbs 4 oz. but everything was good!
If I haven't mentioned how much I am in LOVE with midwifery care, let me remind you again. Family centered care 100%.
My view these days
TJ, never far away
ahhh, the feeling of no sleep once again....!
Had a nice meal train set up by Ashley Pierce which we were SOOO thankful for! Sitting on the porch, eating some Burger King
LOOK AT HER LONG NAILS AND NAIL BED! Her nails were past her fingers when she was born.
Adam said he would "give me a break" and take the baby. LOLOL It's a rough life :)
We were up with the baby when Adam said, "Someone is putting something in our yard!" Next thing we know, we see what Gigi and Grandpa Mike were up to!!

Spent lots of time on our front porch that first week.
These caterpillars were everywhere!
Then I saw this package Amazon delivered and saw they had written something on the outside.
3 day (home) visit!
She helped us figure out she loves to be swaddled and held on her side, football style!
Everything perfect, once again :)
We ventured out at 5 days old to see Dr Eddie, our chiropractor!
She won the prize for the youngest patient (previous youngest was 10 days old)
She was actually perfectly aligned and didn't need an adjustment! Yay for a smooth delivery. A lot of time the trauma of birth causes a baby's spine to become subluxed, or out of place.
Mrs. Dena was my Bradley Childbirth educator for Anderson's birth and she was my doula for Anderson and Izabella's birth. She had to love on my third baby!
Cousin Katy Grace came to visit and brought us pizza
Many days like this, soaking it in the best I can.
AND FINALLY........ we decided upon a name...then had to decide the SPELLING, so of course, we took a family vote!
I had loved the name Elliott but Adam wasn't crazy about it so I had dropped it. Then I saw a more feminine spelling and I liked that a lot more! Elliette Joyce was actually Adam's idea, with her middle name being named for my Grandma Joyce Reed, who passed away when I was pregnant with Izabella. She LOVED little girls and always bought me and my cousin the most beautiful dresses and bows. A little part of me is so sad that she missed out on meeting my baby girls!!




































































So precious!!! Love her! 💗
ReplyDelete