Sunday, December 20, 2009

The wait.

Not much else has happened since my last post, but I thought I'd write one more time because I want everyone to let us know what gender you think the baby or babies is going to be!  Just go down to the bottom and leave a comment.  If you don't make an account, just click "Anonymous" and type your name in.  I want to see what everyone else thinks it might be!  Adam feels like it is a girl. He said when he is writing in the journal, he feels like he is writing it to a girl. So we'll see!

Also, if you haven't done so already, become a follower by clicking "Follow" on the left side of the page, and enter your email address.  That way, you get an email when the blog's been updated, and you don't have to remember to check back every so often!

This week seems like it is DRAGGING by!  I keep dreaming and dreaming about finding out if it's a boy/girl/twins/triplets, but we never find out!  The closest my dreams have come to us finding out (and please remember my bizarre, crazy dreams are continuing!) was two nights ago, I dreamed we gave Dr. Sellers two cookies.  They were the sugar kind with icing on top.  One had blue icing on it and the other had pink icing on it.  He was supposed to eat whichever one matched the gender of our baby, and we were going to see what color his teeth were afterwards, and that is how we were going to find out!!!  So he had just eaten the cookie after the ulrasound, and he was licking his teeth, about to open his mouth and show us...AND MY ALARM WENT OFF!   I was so mad!  I keep thinking I'll dream one way or the other, but even in my dreams I can't even find out!!  I have also dreamed that when we went in to get the ultrasound, the person told me my baby wasn't big enough to find out the sex yet, and for us to come back again in 2-3 weeks!  So who knows if we'll ever find out!

Also, here is what Adam wrote in one of our Bradley childbirth class assignments:

Dear Baby Acklin,
May 16 seems like it is ten years away.  I am so very excited to hold you in my arms and look into your eyes.  Out of all of the things that I have done in this life, you are my number one accomplishment.  I hope that I am the dad for you that you need.  Jen and I have done everything we know to do in preparation for your arrival.  I hope that I am able to give you a life of safety, security, and stability so that you will grow into a successful adult.  I love you!  Dad

Here is a picture Adam took of me before my work Christmas party Friday night:


19 weeks

The bump is definitely growing, and you can tell I am not wearing a form fitting shirt anymore!  Before I got dressed, I tried on 3 pairs of pants that didn't fit!  Ugh...not sure if I'm ready for maternity, but regular clothes are DEFINITELY not comfortable anymore.  It makes me even more uncomfortable knowing everyone is looking for a "bump" all the time, when right now I feel disgusting!

Oh well, I got a cute sweater dress and a couple other things to get me through the holidays that I DO feel comfortable in, and we're about to find out if it's a he, she, or they!!!  Post your votes below!!  See you Wednesday!  (sometime after 3:00)

Here is a picture of the kindergarten cheerleading squad I'm coaching at Immanuel this year.  They're a handful!  I can't imagine what they'll say when they find out I'm pregnant!

 


And Bubba says, "Merry Christmas!"

5 comments:

  1. What's sup cuz?! I still don't see the bump. But your shoes are cute :-) My vote is for g-u-r-l! No reason why just a hunch. What do you say? You only said what Adam thought, you have to post your vote too, if you want all of us to do it. Make sure the "what sex is the baby outfits" you pick are the same price that way you don't accidently find out @ the register. Bubba is too die for! Happy Holidays & good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GIRL GIRL GIRL!!!!!
    I can not wait to open the present to see what it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I definitely think it's a boy! As a matter of fact, I'm sure of it. Did you know that Adam was the first person other than Em and I to hold baby James! Anyway, JLRA, keep your chin up about the clothes stuff and things not fitting. Em hated that part too, and there's so many changes that take place in the clothing dept. You'll be a super cute prego Mom. You have nothing to worry about. Emily really started to enjoy the process and really had fun with it. I'm glad that you can pick out all the little things that are going on. Those are the best! Anyway, can't wait for Christmas for the big "It's a boy!" reveal! Oh, and Adam, when you find out that it is, in fact, a boy, you need to man up letters. Something like "Dude, as your father, I have some very high expectations of you. Do not let me down. I will settle for no less than number one. With dedication, endurance, and strength, you too can be an Acklin. Now let's get out there and take this world by storm." LOL Talk to you guys later!!

    Erik

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, I don't know Erik but I love his comments. I have gone back and forth as to whether it is a boy or girl but I keep leaning towards a girl for some reason. I am hoping with you that it is twins, I really am, but I don't believe there are two little Acklins in there. Can't wait to find out and can't wait to have this new addition to our family. You two will be the best parents ever! I love all of you! Aunt Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely think it's a boy!! I'm so excited!! I don't see the baby bump either but you looked very cute for your Christmas party! I love the shoes! Don't get upset about your clothes not fitting that means we can go shopping for super cute maternity clothes!!! ;)

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete

All because two people fell in love...