Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Feeling lots; seeing a little

Adam and I can't believe this time next week the doctor will be able to tell the sex of our baby!  It seems way too soon, and so surreal!  I can't imagine what it will be like to see the ulstrasound of it/them!  The eight week ultrasound showed only a little bitty blob with a flashing light that was supposedly the heart.  I think it will make it much more real for Adam, and even for me, to see the form and features of the baby!

My weekly email says it is now the size of a sweet potato.  My belly is sticking out a little bit, but more like a bumpette right now than any sort of baby bump.  I did have to let my belt out a notch last week!  One of my patients thinks it is because my clothes are too tight, even though I show her the waistband of my pants and how it is not binding at all!  She says, "Girl, you gonna suffocate yo' baby!"  Now, this is just my opinion, and I know the Lord knew what He was doing with all this, but:  my thinking is that if I had enough room in before I was pregnant for there to be a sweet potato in there, and I can barely tell anything, I think my body could have compressed itself a little more to make me a little smaller around the middle!

I always said I wasn't tired during the first trimester, but I feel like a have a huge surge of energy now!  Either I really WAS tired and didn't realize it, or I just got a burst of energy lately, because I've been waking up every morning, no problem, to go work out.  I've discovered John 3:16 workouts, where you run 3 laps around the catwalk at church, then do 16 pushups, run 3 laps, do 16 squats, etc. and I love them because I am able to run fast if I want to, and that distance doesn't cause the "apple rolling around" feeling, plus I get strengthening/weights.  I've also been able to decorate, shop, do everything I need to for Christmas.  It's been great!  Maybe it is because I've been able to eat more?  Maybe it's motivation since I can now tell my waist is getting bigger?  Who knows, but I'm taking advantage of this!  For anyone that knows me, I heart energy!!!

I am now sure the feelings I've been having is the baby/are the babies!  It feels like a goldfish swimming around in my stomach!  It was really cool at church Sunday, because every time we sang, it moved around!  I think they already love Christmas carols as much as Adam and I do!  Christmas is such a meaningful and magical time of year, and we are so excited to experience it with a child.  Today, it felt like my muscles were twitching; it was so cool!  Adam is DYING to feel it himself!  For right now, all he can do is continue to fix me my eggs every morning and remind me to do my exercises. :)

He is so excited, and he is already taking his role as Daddy so seriously.  He went out and bought a nice leather bound journal that he has been writing in to give to the baby when s/he/they leave for college.  He won't let me read it, but for our Bradley class we had to write a letter to the baby.  If I can get permission, I want to put it on here!  It's the sweetest thing!

Okay, next post:  hopefully sex and number of babies...even though my mother and my friend, Cristina think I will still believe there are twins in there even if the ultrasound only shows one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All because two people fell in love...