Saturday, July 23, 2011

Sick baby!

About a week before Anderson's birthday party, he woke up in the middle of the night and I thought he felt warm. He had never been sick, and I had never even had to take his temperature before, so I didn't even know where our thermometer was or how to use it on him! I ended up putting it under his arm, and it was over 100! I was so scared since he has been perfectly healthy! I called his pediatrician and was told if it got to 104, to bring him in. Otherwise, it was probably a fever virus. WHAT?! I did miss my first sick day at work in over six years! It lasted a good five days, and I was really glad we had scheduled his birthday party for the next weekend. He almost made it a whole year without getting sick! Nana jumped at the chance to spoil Anderson and brought over orange push pops and these cute little forehead chiller thingys:

Poor baby

Have I mentioned his love of shovels? I had always pictured my baby having a little blankie or stuffed animal he would carry around with him or snuggle with to go to sleep. My talented friend, Rebecca, even makes all these cute taggies, but he would never have anything to do with any of it! Well, for Easter, his Nana got all the grandkids beach buckets and shovels...the rest is history. He carries it with him everywhere. He even goes to sleep with it occasionally. This purple shovel got stepped on and broken, so I went out and bought three more while they are still in season. A family down the street even had several in a yard sale and I snatched them up. A man and his shovel... ?

Thankfully, he was good to go for this birthday party.  He knew he had lots of people coming to town to see him on his special day.

Here he is the morning of his party:

Notice what he woke up with?!
And yes, he wakes up, smiling like this often!! He definitely did not take after his daddy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

All because two people fell in love...