After lots of this:
But not so much of this:
The whirlwind continued! I don't think I slept at all in the 24 hours after he was born. I was so excited and happy!
Nana's first glimpse of Anderson
Pappaw's first
Dr. Sellers!
My Nanny Gulledge (great grandmother) always said a baby is healthy if he sleeps with his hands above his head!
Anderson's very first visitor besides grandparents!! Maria came in at 6:15 that morning. We all know she struggles to make it on time to work at 7:00 (as do I), but for some reason, she was able to get to Baptist a little quicker on Tuesday morning!
Family visits
Friends from work walked over!!!
Going home!
He had so many visitors during his 1 1/2 day stay at the hospital. I think we counted about 70 people that had signed his baby book! He is so loved! Here are some pictures since he's been home:
On his way to his first pool party at Adam's Mammaw Ruth's in Conway!
Cousin Madi taking care of Anderson
Rachel Kate holding "her" baby
Anderson has since had his first doctor's appointment. When he left the hospital, he was down to 9 pounds 7 ounces. They are supposed to be back up to their birth weight by two weeks. He weighed in at 9 pounds, 14.5 ounces at his one week check up!
Although Adam and I aren't getting as much sleep as we'd like, he really is a good baby! He looks around a lot and everyone always comments on how alert he is. Adam is really good to take care of the diaper changes so all I have to do is feed him! He says he feels like all he does is change him, and I say all I feel like I do is feed him! I am really trying to enjoy every moment of this because he will never be this little (I know, relative term!) and cuddly ever again!
We have also been so blessed by a wonderful church family who have been bringing us dinners so it's one less thing for us to worry about! Plus it's always nice to have a break in the day and talk to more adults!! Adam, Anderson, Bubba, and I also went on our first walk on Thursday. Adam pushed the stroller and I held Bubba's leash. It felt so good to get out and about, although Bubba thought he was going to pass out! Then on Saturday, Adam told me to go get a pedicure, and it felt SO GOOD!!! It's also nice to see bones and veins in my feet and ankles again! I forgot how skinny they were!
Everyone feel free to post comments on here to Anderson because I am going to print this blog off into a book for him!









No comments:
Post a Comment